Saturday, August 17, 2013

Down in the River to Pray & Inspired Sunday

Happy Sunday! I hope this day brings rest and peace into your life. 
This week I found myself working way too fast, and way too hard, 
and experiencing some temporary health issues.
But I saw how much nicer life can be when someone gives you a kind word, 
brings you a cup of coffee (okay, many cups of coffee), offers her help in any number of ways, or shares your small and large triumphs with hugs or a high five.  
These bearers of kindness are my friends, my sisters-in-law, 
and my co-workers--some of whom have become friends. 
We are strong women, creative and intelligent, who work to help support our
 families, and who have been made wiser and  kinder through life's struggles. 
I'm grateful that I've gotten to know them, and that I'm also getting to know you, 
my co-bloggers. All you women make my life so much richer.  I haven't created anything to share today, and I don't have a post about antiques, but I will share a beautiful old hymn-spiritual that I am dedicating to all my sisters, who make life so much sweeter.

Inspired Sunday
This week I was inspired by the amazing DIY projects and posts of our partygoers.  Christina at PennyWise created a drop-dead gorgeous polo picnic fit for William and Kate!  You won't believe the creative ideas that she employed to make every detail of 
the picnic look like it cost major bucks, when she spent very little.  
She ROCKED this, and she gives great instructions so that you can rock it too!

Aimee at Refresh & Renew brought us another great upcycled project with her beautiful burlap covered cork board.  Now I wish I hadn't given ours away!

Newcomer, Nathalie, from Home Sweet Kitchen made this great card that 
I love for several reasons (in no particular order). 
First, it uses burlap and the banner/clothesline theme - both really trendy right now. 
Second, I love the personal touch of the handwritten sentiment. 
Third, I love that it would be fairly quick to make. 
Fourth. I love that it can be made out of what is on hand. Try it--I challenge you! :-)  
Fifth, I love its simple honesty, like a soap scrubbed pioneer girl 
who has just put on her Sunday best to go "Down in the River to Pray!"
You'll find Nathalie's blog to be that way too.  Full of fresh, honest food from her garden, 
cute crafts, and many things I have yet to explore.

If you've been featured, please display my blog button on your blog.
Thank you everyone for making each week so special through your comments, encouragement, and posts. Happy Sunday!


11 comments:

Aimee at Refresh-Renew... said...

Laura thank you for hosting and featuring my corkboard! I am becoming obsessed with upcycling and repurposing lately! Love this post...I am going to start posting a Sunday sentiment...great minds think alike? :o) hugs-aimee

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Laura,
Thanks so much for hosting and thanks so much for visiting!!

Hugs,
Deb

Christina Paul said...

Hope you are feeling better! A big thank you for including my polo picnic in your features! I'm just delighted- and you are too funny about Kate and William- unfortunately they were unable to attend lol

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Laura, hope you are feeling better. It's so nice to have great people to come to your rescue. I am happy to consider you a blogging friend! I love that song and the video was just wonderful. Perfect for Sunday morning! I love Christina's picnic too. Shared two posts this week. Hope that's o.k. Thanks for the party.
hugs,
Jann

The Charm of Home said...

I caught O Brother Where Art Thou on tv the other night and I watched it and listened to the music. It is great to listen to old hymns.
Sherry

PetraB said...

Hi Laura, thank you so much for hosting this. The posts are always so inspiring. Hope you are feeling better soon! take care, Petra.

must love junk said...

I'm your newest follower, and I'm happy to link up for the first time! Thanks for hosting :)
Susan

Tea in the Library said...

Hello! Happy Inspired Sunday! I am back home and starting my day with a cup of Dark Magic and a browse through the party. Lots of good stuff as usual!

Tea in the Library said...

Forgot to say - hope you're feeling 100% VERY soon!

Living The Dream Homestead said...

Thanks heaps for hosting and your kind words featuring my handmade card! Nat @ Home Sweet Kitchen and Garden

Unknown said...

Laura, thank you for blessing my day! Iam so grateful for your friendship. : )
Loving all the beautiful and creative projects and posts too!
We need to get together for lunch when you are feeling better, miss you.
hugs,
Diane