Saturday, August 10, 2013

Inspired Sunday and Another Pink Starbucks Treat

Well, I warned you! 
this is me.
Maybe it was the color that got me--Stampin' Up calls it "Blushing Bride."

Or maybe it was the French signboard lettering in my favorite white type.

Or maybe it was the crispness of the slightly transparent bag, or 
the dull earthiness of the pink on the corregated cup holders. 

 Whatever it was, these pink Starbucks things have really gotten me inspired!

Everyone knows about my nutty little addiction, so now people are saving cupholders for me. The barrista now recognizes me as the "paper crafting lady," so he gave me a few pastry holders to play with. I went through my craft stash and found some cute assessories:

to make a holder for this 3-D window card that I made with 
an image from the Graphics Fairy.

I folded the doily, taped it on, fan-folded a medallion, added some ribbon:

And the holder was ready for the card :

It's kinda trendy right now to use this type of bag for gifts, 
and you can find them at craft supply places and Stampin' Up. 
How fun though to repurpose! 
(Guess you can't get a messy pastry, or just wrap it in a napkin and take the bag as a bonus!)

You can see my Starbucks treat cup here and 
my staging for a French dress tag using the pink papers here.
-Laura

Inspired Sunday

This week I enjoyed a mini "vacation" in Germany compliments of Brittany at 
The Rococo Roamer. I loved the portraits on the wall  of the Munich Residenz in 
gilded rococo frames.  (My 3-D card has some similarities...)

And another mini "vacation," this time not from Brittany, but in Brittany, brought to us by Magali at The Little White House on the Seaside:

Once off vacation, and back in the craft room, :-), I found Debby Ray's plastic floor mat turned wrought iron wall hanging to bring an expensive and exotic look to 
any well-traveled lady's home.  Check out her post at My Favorite Things to 
see how to make this 7.00 wall hanging!

Now let's see what's inspiring you this week!  Please be sure to put a link on your blog back to mine. Also, I would love for you to become a follower if you haven't already.


13 comments:

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Laura,
Your card is gorgeous!!

Thanks so much for hosting!

Hugs,
Deb

Debby Ray said...

Laura, I came on here this morning to link with the new party and to my surprise found you featured my wrought iron wall hanging from last week! I was so surprised! Thank you so much...and for the opportunity to share. Have a blessed weekend!

Debby

Anonymous said...

That card you made is so pretty, with a pretty gift bag to boot. You have such creativity! Great picks this week, that's a great idea about the door mat. Take care - Dawn

Christina Paul said...

What a great round up of ideas! You're card is lovely! and I was just watching Rick Steves europe and they featured that very palace(house?) in Munich! It's on my must visit someday list!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the feature Laura and I love the paper art, so pretty!!

-Brittany Ruth

Anonymous said...

So adorable!
I do wish we had a Starbucks so I could dabble with such paper goodness.
Adore the colour and those sweet bags, oh how lovely they are.
Wishes
Lynne

Decor To Adore said...

Oh that pink really is perfect! A truly sweet gift.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

I think your mind is fantastic. Love it Laura! Thanks for the party.
hugs,
Jann

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Thanks a lot for featuring my little tour in Brittany. I love how you used the bag, but I have a weakness for pink, so you had me at the first picture!

Tea in the Library said...

Love the project! Perfect touch of pink. Little White House by the Seaside is a favorite destination of mine. Glad to know you enjoy it too. I used to live in a little white house by the seaside myself.

The Charm of Home said...

Thank your for hosting!
Sherry

Aquarius said...

I have to say I've never been into a Starbucks - maybe I should LOL!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing..
I like the pink card..

Green